PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
To complete standard and complex wireless installations using Mikrotik and Ubiquiti equipment for an Internet Service Provider in Technopark, Stellenbosch. Installers will be responsible for cable runs, crimping and configuration of equipment as well as alignment and installations to high site towers.
- Installation and upgrades of standard and complex wireless connections including configurations of antenna kits and access points
- Troubleshoot wireless installations, wireless access points and client issues from the office and on site.
- Follow up on work done – critical
- Prep installation kits at the office
- Assist with network maintenance and high site upgrades.
- Fully bilingual – Read, Write, Speak English and Afrikaans
- Matric Certificate
- 2 – 5 Years experience in working in similar position and/or industry
- Excellent health
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Own vehicle to get to work
- Experience in point-to-point and point-to-multipoint installations using MikroTik, Ubiquiti and LigoWave hardware – Theory and Knowledge (advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience in manual labour, related to site preparation and/or equipment setup
- Basic networking (minimum 1 year)
- Basic computing (minimum 1 year)
- Basic crimping and cabling skills (minimum 1 year)
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to prioritise work
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work autonomously and creatively
- Flexible work approach
- Team player
- Must be able to multi-task
- Strong commitment to highest standards of quality
- Commitment to environmental issues
- Experience of working in a varied and changing environment, and demonstrating initiative and self-direction
- Confident and outgoing personality, friendly, yet professional
- Time conscious and disciplined personality
- Well-presented and organized (non negotiable)
- Team player and all rounder and great at multi-tasking
- Ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised to follow up
- Cooperative, ability to follow delegation of tasks and escalate problems timeously
- Ability to plan
- Must take pride in their work
- This job description may be revised in the light of changes or developments which may occur and after discussion with the post holder.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are to be regarded as broad areas of responsibility and do not necessarily detail all tasks which the post holder may be required to perform.
- The post holder will undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with grade and experience.
- All duties and responsibilities are to be carried out within Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions relative to the duties carried out.