Setup Outlook 2010
Before you start check list
Have the following ready before you start: Outlook 2010
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
- Incoming and Outgoing mail servers settings
Setup POP3 email in Microsoft Outlook 2010
1. Open Microsoft Outlook Office 2010.
- Click Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Outlook 2010.
2. If this is the first time you have opened Outlook 2010 then the startup wizard will show. Click Next.
3. Outlook will ask if you wish to configure an email account. Select Yes and click Next.
4. If the Setup Wizard does not show then click the File menu and click Add Account.
5. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
6. Click Next.
7. Outlook will prompt you to choose your E-mail Service. Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
8. You are now asked to enter your email account details.
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address
- Select POP3 for the account type
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server
- Enter mail.example.com as your Outlook Mail Server
- For username enter your email address
- Enter your email password
9. Click More Settings.
10. Click the Outgoing server tab and then click My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click OK.
11. Click Next
12. Outlook will test your settings. Click Close
13. Click Finish.