Always setup email accounts on mobile phones as IMAP.
IMAP = Internet Message Access Protocol. This allows the user to view the emails from the server and is generally much faster than POP. This is also handy when emails are setup on multiple devices, as every device view the mail and synchronize at the same time.
Emails setup has always been working with the following default settings:
1. Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) – Username & Password.Requires no Authentication
2. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) – . Outgoing Server requires Authentication, either the same as incoming or plain Password Authentication
3. Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server – mail.domain.tld (For example: mail.simpson.co.za)
To set up your personal email account on a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry’s easy email setup wizard:
- From the Home screen click the Setup icon.
- Select Setup Wizard.
- On the email setup screen, select I want to create or add an email address.
- Follow the screens to set up your email address.
Set up IMAP email on an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- If this is the first email account on your iPhone, tap Mail.Contacts, Calender
- Tap Other.
- Tap in the Name box and type your full name.
- Tap in the Address box and type your full email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap in the Password box and type your password.
Set up IMAP email on an Android
- From the home screen, tap Applications > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Manual setup.
- On the Incoming settings screen, in the Protocol drop-down menu, select IMAP.