Or How to Check Your Usage
Snowball has a facility where you can check your data usage, and if you don’t agree with the result you may always log a usage dispute.
Using our internet data usage report, both capped and uncapped users are able to keep track of internet data usage. It does not however list which sites were accessed as this is not a feature available and would be seen as an invasion of privacy.
To view your report, follow theses easy steps:
- Go to our website in order to check your Internet Data Usage Report
- Enter your product username and password in the login block displayed.
- If you do not remember your password, you can send an SMS password reminder request from our online request page
- Once you have retrieved the details, enter them in the login box displayed
- This should then take you to the usage screen which would display the current month’s usage.
If you believe too much data usage has taken place and would like us to investigate this further, please contact our Accounts Department to log an Internet Data Usage Dispute.
We do not have detail on which applications might be consuming your data but common high usage apps include:
- Windows Updates
- YouTube or any type of online video streaming
- Apple Updates
- Worm and Virusses
- Tablets, iPhones, etc.
- Skype Video and Calling
Please also make sure you wireless password is secure or change it to improve your security
If after reviewing your data usage statistics, you still feel there is a problem, we can investigate it for a nominal fee of R 250. Should we find that we are at fault, this will be refunded to your account.