A simplified way of explaining how to transfer your hosting services to another provider
Snowball is called the “outgoing” ISP. Your new ISP is called the “incoming ISP”.
The process to cancel your Hosting services and to transfer is as follows:
- Get your web designer to make a backup of the site.
- Pay all outstanding fees to Snowball (if any). Outstanding invoices can be seen in Snowball’s Client Area. The Client Area is accessible from Snowball’s home page and has a password reminder feature.
- Submit a cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +27 (0)21 880-2229. As specified on our terms of service Snowball needs the cancellation in writing (e-mail is fine). If you have multiple services be sure to specify EXACTLY what must be cancelled.
- Get the incoming ISP to send Snowball a transfer ticket.
- We will accept the transfer ticket (email) if all outstanding monies have been paid and we have your cancellation in writing. If the ticket is not accepted in due course please call our offices on +27 (0)21 880-2228 to escalate the matter.
If you have any questions regarding transferring your hosting the new incoming ISP should be able to provide you with answers and they will be your new hosting provider.