This article will teach you how to connect to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network using a computer or device running on the following operating system:
- Windows 7
Things you’ll need:
- A wireless router/modem, such as the ones we sell.
- Your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password (WPA / WPA2 / WEP). *Check your modem’s manual if you are not sure how to set this up.
- A computer, a laptop or a device with a Wi-Fi adapter. These adapters may be built-in or may need to be bought and installed. USB Wi-Fi adapters are also available from all good computer stores.
Connecting to Wi-Fi with Windows 7:
1. On your desktop, click the Wireless Network icon in bottom right-hand corner of your screen. This will bring up a list of available connections.
2. Find the name (SSID) of your wireless network and click on it.
3. Ensure Connect Automatically is ticked and then click the Connect button.
4. You’ll be asked to enter your Security key, which is your wireless password (WPA / WPA2 / WEP). Type it in, and then click OK. Your computer should remember your password for you from now on.
Was this article useful? Feel free to leave a comment below.